The SMG Palm Springs team and its partners are actively involved within the local community through sustainability, education, charities and awards. Below is a brief list of events and programs we assist with throughout the year.
Host the annual Best of the Best Awards, to recognize hospitality employees across the spectrum of businesses associated with the tourism community that interface with the City’s visitors.
- Actively involved with the City of Palm Springs Path to Sustainability through numerous recycling efforts, and “Green Meeting” initiatives.
- Trash to Treasure” program diverts useable exhibitor give-away products to local schools and senior center rather than discarding them.
- Host site for the Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala, the Desert Aids Project Steve Chase Awards and the Well in the Desert Holiday Meal offering as well as many other important events.
- Guest lectures and participation in work experience and internship programs with College of the Desert, Riverside County Office of Education and Workforce Investment Board promoting hospitality careers.
- Participation in the Palm Springs Veteran’s Day Parade, Multiple Sclerosis Walk and Desert Aids Walk.
- Staff participates as board members and officers in local organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club.
- Donations to (F.I.N.D.) Food In Need of Distribution Program.
- The integration of public art at the convention center through a partnership with the Palm Springs Art Museum.